If you are planning to apply for the Cadet Pilot Programme with Cathay Pacific, during Stage 1A, you will be given a Technical multiple-choice Questionnaire. Over the past few years, candidates were required to study the JKI Aviation Knowledge Booklet, which was given by Cathay Pacific.
Now this has been changed, all candidates are required to study the following chapters found in the ‘FAA – Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge – 2016’.
- Chapter 4 – Principles of Flight
- Chapter 5 – Aerodynamics of Flight
- Chapter 6 – Flight Controls
- Chapter 7 – Aircraft Systems (7-1 to 7-19)
- Chapter 12 – Weather Theory
You can download the ‘FAA – Pilot’s handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge – 2016’. Note that some questions about Cathay Pacific company knowledge will also be included in the multiple-choice questions.